Monday 9 January 2012

little things.

We returned from a weekend visiting my family in Glasgow yesterday, all absolutely exhausted and in need of an early night... all 3 boys grumpy and unsettled, up every hour or so and mummy and daddy both grumpy. not a mix for a nice sunday night in...
Sitting in the darkness in Fraser's room, in the nursing chair with him latched on for the twentieth time that night, in an attempt to get him to sleep. I was sitting, hoping the next time I looked down he would be sleeping and I could go to sleep too. Then the baby woke up, Fraser was lying across my tummy and the baby started kicking hard, I moved fraser across in case he was squishing squishy but he/she kept kicking and nudging :) It was as if he/she was playing with his/her brother from the womb. I started day dreaming about how they would play together and watching them bond. Picturing Frasers reaction when we introduced him to the new baby and watching him teach it how to play and run after him... after a while I looked down, fraser was fast asleep with his hand on my tummy and the baby still nudging it <3 ahhh the bliss of little bits of life you forget to appreciate in the middle of a tired, sleepless night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment